Here are some great resources to get active and involved. Also, take a look at our Calendar for events, meetings and discussions at the local, state and national level.
- Call to Action Resources – Links to a variety of resources to get your voice heard and to know what is happening.
- A short guide to things you can do now to effect change – This is a good place to get started if you are new to all of this.
- Government contact information – This is our main contact list for government officials that impact us directly in North Carolina at the local, state and federal level.
- National Senate Leaders – This is a good chart to see who the US Senators are in senate leadership, committees, and officers. This is for the 115th congress.
- All Congressional Contacts – Contact information for all members of the house and senate.
- The Indivisible Guide – A practical guide for resisting the Trump agenda.
- Dare County League of Women Voters – Lots of great events and topics covered.
- Dare County Democratic Party
- County Connect – Connect with with your local democratic party and get precinct information.
- StrongerNC – The mothership of our cause.
- Carolina Resistance – Another group aligned with our values.
- Democracy North Carolina – Achieving government that is for the people.
- Common Cause North Carolina – Dedicated to strengthening democracy and making government more open, honest and accountable.
- Progress NC Action – Focus on strong public education, business competitiveness, thriving democracy, protection of our natural resources and rich cultural traditions.
- Swing Left – Join your closest Swing District team and learn about actionable opportunities to support progressives there, no matter where you live.
- Jeff Jackson – This NC Senator is a rising star. Let’s support him!
- Graig Meyer – The founder of “This is Our Shot” and NC representative. Another rising star.
- North Carolina Democratic Party
- Indivisible – A national movement that shares our values.
- Countable.us – Access to government officials and issues.
- National Democratic Party
Recommended News Sources
- The New York Times
- The Washington Post
- The New Yorker
- The Atlantic
- The Guardian
- The Nation
- National Public Radio
- Media Bias/Fact Check (MBFC News)